Common Ground Best Practices
Common Ground Iowa strongly supports and recommends the national CGA Best Practices. This collection of best practices are intended to be shared among stakeholders involved with and dependent upon the safe and reliable operation, maintenance, construction, and protection of underground facilities. The best practices contain validated experiences gained that can be further examined and evaluated for possible consideration and incorporation into state and private stakeholder underground facility damage prevention programs.
The Common Ground Alliance Best Practices are divided into nine chapters that provide a collection of current damage prevention best practices. The nine chapters include:
- Planning & Design Best Practices
- One Call Center Best Practices
- Location & Marking Best Practices
- Excavation Best Practices
- Mapping Best Practices
- Compliance Best Practices
- Public Education Best Practices
- Reporting & Evaluation Best Practices
- Miscellaneous Best Practices
For more detailed information about the Common Ground Alliance Best Practices, click here.